Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Surprisingly Fast-Paced

Well, it sure took a while to get back to this.  I would've likely written it the other day, except I was afraid anything I wrote might be suspected of being an April Fool's joke.  <shrug>

I started this Miitomo thing the other day, and I'm rather enjoying it.  What we do here is answer random questions and take random pictures, with friends.  The way it's designed seems to encourage playing in random short bursts rather than spending large amounts of time on it, which is nice.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it grows.

(This picture features a blue-eyed crow I found in Sagamihara, Japan.)



On another note, I've started calling myself a "game designer" rather than an "aspiring game designer" because, well, I've started designing a game (on paper, not just in my head :P).  Not much of anything to show yet (it's still really early!) but it's happening.

Aside from that, school's got me busy.  I'm kind of looking for work, but I'm mostly figuring out how to balance everything I've got going on already.  I'm getting there.  ^__^

I still get asked sometimes how I'm adjusting to being back home from my mission, and it catches me off guard every time.  Maybe it's that I learn and adapt really quickly, or maybe it's that so much happens so quickly with school, or that I'm living in the same house and going to the same school as before, or all of the above---coming back to America doesn't feel to me like it was a recent thing.  Five months is really a long time in my mind.

I get the feeling I'll be posting more often now.  (I'll take that over making a resolution and falling through with it :P)  Probably about computer stuff, video games, and anime, mostly.  I'm tempted sometimes to write about American politics, but so many people are talking about it already that I wonder if people are sick of it.  Maybe I'll just keep that to short bursts.

Here's to the future~!

(P.S.  I'm also on deviatART again, for whatever reason: https://myvillithdar.deviantart.com)

No comments: